LIGHTNING SOCCER will continue to offer its highly successful camp program for grades 1-5 in 2010. SOCCERJUNIORS is known for its structure and teaching philosophy without sacrificing the fun approach which helps young players to learn the skills and techniques of soccer in an an enjoyable fashion. In the past the program has been directed by reputable coaches such as Matt Wainwright of the English Football Association & the Nottingham Forest Academy back in England and Scott Nichols who also coaches in Yorkshire, England at nearby York City. Presently at most of the sites Director RALPH FERRIGNO often personally conducts the SoccerJuniors Camp program.
KEY POINTS OF THE PROGRAM
- For boys & girls in Grades 1-5.
- Note: Players going into 5th grade can choose whether to participate in SoccerJuniors or the Advanced Camp. The majority of players are best suited to SoccerJuniors but players with club experience and athletic dimensions might be better suited to the Advanced Camp. Consider also social considerations when choosing the program also.
- All campers receive a T-shirt and a ball.
- The camp is divided into groups by grade
- There is an emphasis on strong technique for younger players. Instep training & soccer aerobics provide the basis of a demanding but fun program.
- Our aim is to create a foundation for technical players who are ready to play the game well as they get older.
- The program is designed to challenge, help & teach young players developing improved ball control, proper foot & body positions, foot control & other individual techniques (eg. head, chest, thigh). Special emphasis is placed on shooting technique and tactically of skilled possession approach to the game of soccer.
- Looking for something to supplement your town program or maybe even get a little bit more? SoccerJuniors may be the perfect solution! The program is structured & instructional but is fun, fun, fun as appropriate for young soccer players at this age. Coach Ferrigno’s program covers all the bases!
- A Full Day (9am-4pm) is offered but please bear in mind that whilst many kids can cope with a full day for others The 9am-12 noon or 1-4pm halfday camp is a great option!
- For prospective goalkeepers checkout our Goalkeeper program. For grades 1-3 (for those who signup for full-day) it is mandatory for halfday goalkeeper training/halfday field player training. Grades 4 & 5 can do the same but may do a full day of keeper training if they so choose. BERNIE WATT directs the goalkeeper training on our day camps. Either Bernie or one of his staff will be present at each day camp site.